Looking to finally put an end to the mayhem that accompanies around-the-block lines and campouts for highly-anticipated releases, Nike is introducing a new Twitter RSVP system for all company stores. The goal being to get shoes claimed and spoken for before they even release — at a random time a day or two before the release date — while also banning line-ups outside the store. I know about as much about the new system as you do, so I’ll stop typing now and let you read the rules, as stated by Nike.
NIKE STORE LAUNCHES – TWITTER RSVP
Twitter RSVP is used to help manage product launches at Nike Stores. Follow your local Nike Store on Twitter for launch announcements and frequent updates.
The Twitter RSVP Process:
- On the RSVP date, our store will send a tweet at a random time to begin our Twitter RSVP process, including a product specific hashtag (#tag).
- Once registration is open, you must Direct Message (“DM”) the store within 60 minutes. The DM must include:
- The product-specific #tag tweeted by the store
- The last 4 digits of your State/Passport/Military/School ID number
- Your shoe size (limit one).
- Confirmations from the store will be sent via DM to those who have successfully secured their requested size. Shoes will be awarded on a “first respond, first serve” basis.
- Confirmed recipients must pick up their product (in person w/ identification) from the store on the day of launch. Unclaimed product will be announced on Twitter and will be re-released at the store’s discretion.
How do you properly RSVP through DM? Here’s an example:
- Store Tweet:
Twitter #RSVP is now open for the Air Foamposite One.#Electrolime
- Consumer Response (DM):
#Electrolime, 4253, 10.5
Twitter RSVP Terms and Conditions:
- One item allowed per person, even if you receive two confirmations of successful registrations. Abuse of this rule may result in denial of purchase or entry to future launches.
- Confirmed recipients must provide a valid ID that matches the last 4 digits used for RSVP.
- Size cannot be changed once it has been confirmed to a person through Twitter RSVP.
- Resell or trade of Twitter RSVP confirmation is prohibited.
- Twitter RSVP confirmation is not transferable and not redeemable for cash or for credit towards any purchase.
- Lines will not be allowed to form outside the store for this release.
- Launch process is always subject to change at any time at the discretion of Nike, Inc.
|Store Name||City||State||Twitter Handle|
|Nike Las Vegas||Las Vegas||Nevada||@NikeLasVegas|
|NIKETOWN Los Angeles||Beverly Hills||California||@NikeLA|
|Nike Mall of America||Bloomington||Minnesota||@NikeMallAmerica|
|NIKETOWN New York||New York||New York||@NikeNYC|
|Nike Roosevelt Field||Garden City||New York||@NikeRooseveltFD|
|NIKETOWN San Francisco||San Francisco||California||@NikeSF|
|Nike Santa Monica||Santa Monica||California||@NikeSantaMonica|
|Nike Running Bay Street||Emeryville||California||@NikeBayStreet|
|Nike Running Eugene||Eugene||Oregon||@NikeEugene|
|Nike Running Fashion Island||Newport Beach||California||@NikeFashionIsl|
|Nike Running Fashion Valley||San Diego||California||@NikeFashionVal|
|Nike Running The Grove||Los Angeles||California||@NikeTheGrove|
|Nike Running Lenox Square||Atlanta||Georgia||@NikeLenoxSquare|
|Nike Running South Coast Plaza||Costa Mesa||California||@NikeSCPlaza|
|Nike Running Stanford||Palo Alto||California||@NikeStanford|
|Nike Running Westchester||White Plains||New York||@NikeWestchester|
|Nike Running Westfarms||Farmington||Connecticut||@NikeWestfarms|
|Nike Running Westport||Wesport||Connecticut||@NikeWestport|